January 28th Protests, Friday of Rage, Early Morning, Tahrir (2011-01-29) at Downtown, Cairo (2011)
Duration: 00:01:13; Aspect Ratio: 1.778:1; Hue: 190.588; Saturation: 0.024; Lightness: 0.348; Volume: 0.316; Cuts per Minute: 36.923
noticing the atmosphere: seems like the morning after, going back to normal after the burning of the NDP building
clip I noticing the atmosphere: seems like the morning after, going back to normal after the burning of the NDP building, people commuting, sounds of morning traffic
- this is the day after the looting of the museum
- army officer is present, tank too. How do you know it’s military police? Because of the red hat. Absence of police
- insignia of power are presented, a police shield. but insecurity of what to do with it
- different temporalities of different actors and actants: construction site of the hotel, and the still burning NDP building, two modern ruins
- museum that speaks of colonial architecture and archaeology, mummies inside
- bodily presence of the camera person: first distant overview, then switches back to the corporeal presence of a protestor with a camera.
Clip II back to protest, people walking with batons taken from the police.
- men with masks
- man with a shield
- smoke and tear gas
- rhythmic beating of bannisters - where and when did these sounds and forms of protest originate?
- activating the body
- acoustic freedom